Friday, July 5, 2013







As winter blows in with frost and biting winds, and I continue walking regularly, I come across some puzzling abandonments ... whose ugg boots are they and why are they here?
 
It's a good season for scrapbooking and writing. In the world of the former, Creative Memories has been in receivership and now bought out by a company that does not distribute decent tape runner. So tomorrow my sister and I are heading to a Big Town to suss out the options at scrapbooking shops. I am so not into stamps and pink floral papers. Have got plenty papers, album covers, lettering ... and anyway, my major task is to do the journalling for four of the five albums on my trip to Zambia in December 2011.

My brother, sister and I sorted Mum's travel photos a couple of weeks ago and found some great shots of Mum and Dad on Norfolk Island, in the outback, and in Europe. My favourite is a black and white 5x7 picture of Mum apparently enjoying sitting astride a doleful donkey.



That's Not Art Inc has created three workshops for Spring - felting, mosaics and screen printing. And I will start an art journal any minute now!!!

On Sunday, I'm at Newport Fiddle and Folk Festival writing poetry on the spot. A friend is coming as an amanuensis or apprentice, I don't think she has worked out which yet. Nevertheless, I've set up a clipboard and carbon paper for her, and must find her a decent pen. 

I have created a getting-published campaign, consisting of monthly deadlines. My first effort was 500 words for a project called Travel Tales on ABC Open, which features regional writers, photographers, people of interest. I was quite chuffed to see my piece online with a photo of the bridge across the gorge at Mosi-Oa-Tunya. (Of course my travel tale was about an incident in Zambia in the '70's) 



Inspired by having to craft a piece that short, I set up another blog last night. You can read more of my travel tales on Jaywig's Journeys (http://jaywig3.blogspot.com.au). I am going to work my way through every country on the planet, in verse or prose,  real or imaginary ... in reverse alphabetical order!

3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. But the url takes me to your facebook poet page. And Googling Jaywg's Jourrneys gets no results. :(

      Delete
    2. I've just added the link to this and Jaywig's Jotter. Hope that makes a difference!

      Delete